Saturday, August 30, 2008

Quotes

Certain quotes can honestly sustain me though hard times. They sometimes become a mantra for me to get through something. They can inspire me to get up and DO something about the world I live in to change it for the better. From time to time, I will post quotes that I feel inspired by.
Today I came across one that rings true to me.

"As I grow to understand life less and less, I learn to love it more and more."
~Jules Renard.

How do I reflect on this? I've experienced the feeling of knowing less and less as I age. I love to learn. I don't worry so much about the little things as much as I used to, and in letting that go, I've found myself. This has allowed me to appreciate the world around me more, and also to love with an open heart.

"Be the change you want to see in the world"
and
"Whatever you do will be insignificant, but it is very important that you do it."
~Mahatma Gandhi

These statements inspire me to do the things I hold myself back from doing because I feel it wouldn't make a difference. I can think on these things and find that I know in my heart that if I do nothing, I am only contributing to the deterioration of the planet. We've all got it in us to make some sort of difference, to help and support one another, to inspire each other to make changes, and to be better people. I have deep admiration for Mahatma Gandhi.

No comments: